WHAT IS THE MACRON LAW ABOUT?
It is referring to Macron Decree 2016-418 dated 07.04.2016 - International hauliers operating in France have to observe French minimum wage of 9,76 euros per hour. This new law also requires that the haulier has a French Representative and since the 1st of January, has to register onto the minister’s website in France: hhttps://www.sipsi.travail.gouv.fr/ in order to manage the certificate of détachement of workers in France.
Move Expert can assist you for this new requirement and provides you with all necessary documents required when travelling to France. Our company is representing international road hauliers with activity in France and provides everything necessary to meet the latest requirements arising from the new « LOI MACRON » To do so, we have a specific app: https://app.macron-fr.eu, a qualified customer care service who speaks your language and a team of knowledgeable experts in the legal and transport issues in France.
WHO IS AFFECTED BY NEW MACRON LAW?
All foreign hauliers involved with transport of goods TO or FROM France, those who perform cabotage (transport within the territory of France over 7 days) as well as coach operators performing service in France.
It does not apply to companies delivering their own goods (not being a transport company in relation with NACE code).
The law applies to trucks and buses over 3, 5 tons, as well as for the posting of drivers for light vehicles under 3,5 tons.
The law does not apply to transit traffic. (All occasional international coach services with door closed are considered as transit too.)
ARE INDIVIDUAL COMPANIES CONCERNED?
Individual companies for which only the owner is driving into France is not concerned. On the other hand, individual companies posting drivers having a labor contract or equivalent are affected by this law and must respect the new Macron law.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM WAGE IN FRANCE?
International hauliers are obliged to comply with the French minimum wage of 9,76 euros per hour.
SINCE WHEN MACRON LOI IS VALID?
The law is valid from July 1st 2016.
The new Macron Decree No. 2016-418 dated April 7, 2016, entered into force on July 1. 2016. There is no further delay even if France is facing an infringement procedure at EU level (like Germany).
To know more, visit the minister of Transportation’s website: http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/Formalites-declaratives,47857.html.
WHERE THIS LAW APPLIES?
The law applies to the territory of France and to all foreign hauliers offering transport with origin or destination France as well as cabotage activities (can be verified by the CMR). For coach operators, it applies only to regular passenger road transport services having boarding and lighting of passengers on the French territory.
You can easily manage everything from comfort of your office on our website http://www.macron-fr.eu.
WHY DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT?
Foreign truck drivers when entering France must carry in the truck requested certificate Cerfa n°1553*02 and a copy of its employment contract.
Failing to do so, hauliers faces a substantial fine of 750 EUR and potential subsequent relevant sanctions. As to avoid sanctions, inquire about solutions to it on http://www.macron-fr.eu.
WHAT DOCUMENTS I HAVE TO HAVE WHEN ENTERING FRANCE?
Each company operating on French territory must have in the truck:
- A valid original signed certificate which must be signed by the employer and having a valid name of representative in France
- A copy of the employment contract (not necessarily translated into French)
I AM INTERESTED. HOW CAN I START?
Sign up on our website and thanks to our app created especially for the law Macron we will send you an immediate reply with simple instructions and appropriate documentation to comply with this new regulation. The result for your company is that you will have a French representative and valid certificate per driver on board of your trucks.
WHO WILL BE REPRESENTING ME?
MOVE EXPERT is known as a key partner of international hauliers and road transport associations in Europe. We have more than 20 years of experience in this area. Our philosophy is to help hauliers to increase productivity and reduce costs. We provide a wide range of services for hauliers. More information about us, please visit http://www.move-expert.com.
The MOVE EXPERT team has an experienced view of the transport sector in France and we perfectly understand domestic road legislation. Our team is backed by French lawyers dealing daily with international transport companies aimed at resolving complex cases and fines that may arise after the introduction of this new law.
MOVE EXPERT is your perfect partner to fulfill “LOI MACRON” requirements.
WHAT CAN MOVE EXPERT DO FOR US?
Move Expert offers you the easiest and fullest solution to face the French regulation by:
- 1. Becoming your representative in France
- 2. Creating an account in your name on the minister’s website (https://www.sipsi.travail.gouv.fr/)
- 3. Generating your certificates via SIPSI and sending them to your email address. You can also find the certificates in your personal account so you can sign them. (exclusivity by move expert)
- 4. Ensuring the management of all relevant documents and it is also offering archiving of documents subsequent 18 months.
- 5. Cooperating with French authorities in case of driver control.
- 6. Answering all your questions regarding the Law Macron thanks to its qualified customer care.
WHAT WILL THE EXACT PROCESS BE LIKE?
- • You need to register on our dedicated website and will receive access to your personal account on our app: https://app.macron-fr.eu.
- • You will download our contract and sign, scan it and upload it back onto the website so we can do your invoice according to the number of certificates needed.
- • After payment you will receive confirmation that we accept to become your representative.
You are then ready to administer all your certificates through your personal account on Macron thanks to our user interface and to obtain the certificates straight from SIPSI’s website as you appoint Move Expert as your representative.
This entire process is automatic thanks to our application and can be done in only a few hours.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER THE REGISTRATION?
We will send you an email with your credentials and the manual for Macron’s app.Then, as soon as we have received your payment, you will be able to access your personal account and manage your company’s data, the data of your certificates of detachement and your drivers’ data. You only need to fill in all the data once - except for your drivers’ data or if some of those information change.
We will thus handle the creation of the e-attestations de detachement that you’ll automatically receive from us.
You will have to sign this attestation and give the original to the driver when the driver is in the French territory (except for the transit ; CMR with their country of origin and destination outside of France).
Each Certificate is issued in the name of a particular driver as last page is referring to it.
HOW LONG IS THE CERTIFICATE VALID?
The certificate's validity is maximum 6 months.
HOW CAN WE SMOOTHLY PASS FRENCH CONTROLS?
Controls on French territory will take place on two levels - local and administrative.
- For the local control, the french authorities will verify whether you have valid documents in the vehicle. . The French authorities can also check on the ministry of Labour’s database if the registered attestation is the same as the one showed to the controllers.
- • After the first inspection, the French authorities can contact your representative and ask for additional information (payslips, proof of the payment of the French minimum wage, copies of the CMR, certificate to justify of your stay in the French territory etc.). The authorities will monitor whether the drivers are paid a minimum wage for the French part of the journey and you will need to be able to trace back all of your journeys on the French territory. If it is not the case, you may be asked of a fine up to EUR 2000.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE PENALTIES OR FINES?
When entering France, the driver must carry the requested certificate of détachement electronical and paper if issued before the 31rd of December 2016 (still valid) and also a copy of the employment contract. Otherwise, he faces a substantial fine of up to EUR 750.
The French authorities may also contact your representative and ask for additional information (payslips etc.). The authorities will monitor whether the drivers are paid a minimum wage. If it does not happen, it may be subject of heavy fines up to EUR 2000.
HOW MUCH DOES YOUR SERVICE COST? WHAT IS INCLUDED IN IT?
Our service is cost effective and the most competitive offer. It includes all the necessary services but also and especially the automatic management of e-certificates. You don’t have to connect to SIPSI’s website.
You do not pay any registration fees.
You pay a fixed annual amount depending on the number of certificates.
Prices have four levels:
- 1-10 certificates 150 EUR/year
- 11-50 certificates 300 EUR/year
- 51-100 certificates 400 EUR/year
- 100+ certificates 600 EUR/year
We make a first invoice of 150€. Then if there is more than ten certificates then we will make a new invoice.
In the case of control, which will require further interventions by our company we will charge a fee of EUR 100 for each individual control.
DO YOU OFFER ARCHIVING OPTIONS?
Within the prices we also offer the option of archiving of all your documents.
Your representative has an obligation to be your representative for another 18 months and during this period your documents will be archived and we will continue to represent you.
Since the first of January 2017, the hauliers are obliged to create their certificates de détachement using the French website of the minister of Labour: https://www.sipsi.travail.gouv.fr This website is currently only available in French and English.
You have to create your account with all your companies’ data then register all the data of your drivers for each certificate. For all of the certificates, an email with the newly created e-certificate will be sent to your email address. You will have to print it, sign it and give the original to the drivers when he is providing transportation to or from France or doing cabotage on French territory.
Move expert is relieving you from those constraints. Thanks to its highly-sophisticated application we create all your SIPSI certificates for you. You don’t have to do it yourself. They will be automatically delivered to the email address you gave us.
WHY WITH MOVE EXPERT?
We offer you:
- The best prices for an all included offer
- Service fees only in case of controls
- The automatic management of your SIPSI certificates
- Customer friendly online registration and online administration
- No complicated Excel, , no SIPSI registration needed on your part
- Dedicated website in English and all major European languages
- A qualified team to help you with all the controls and request for information from the French Authorities.
- Communication in the native languages
- A dedicated customer care service available in your language and an online management.
WHY IS MOVE EXPERT BETTER THAN THE COMPETITION?
We offer professional services at an unbeatable price. Instead of paying a high price per drive per year, you pay a reduced annual fee and extra service fee only in case of control. Of course there is an online document management and our customer care operating in your native language. We are very reactive to any new information that will arise from authorities or operational feedback due to our online system that can communicate in real time with all customers.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or register at http://www.macron-fr.eu.